Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis-Baby's Beginning

My experiences of concieving our first child using preimplantation genetic diagnosis

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I'm positive

I got my test. It's positive. I'm positive. I've got incontinentia pigmenti. Wow. I cried a lot today. But, at least I know now. Now we can go about getting ready for the preimplantation genetic diagnosis procedure. I still feel very emotional though. I don't like the thought of more doctors and hospitals and drugs and needles...

The thought that scares me the most is that somehow they have to extract my eggs, to test them. And somehow they have to put them back in. Eeee... I don't know how they're going to do that, but I'm sure it's not pleasant...

On this same day that I found out that I'm positive, I also found out that my ob/gyn, which I felt really comfortable with and had chosen through a lot of careful and long research, went to Hawaii and decided not to come back. So now I would have to go to a different ob/gyn. Also today, I found out I have a bad urinary tract infection, again, and this medicine they gave me is making me so drowsy I can hardly do anything.

It's been a bad day today. But, on the bright side, at least I can start planning and finally get my baby now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Traffic Statistics
ShoeBuy Coupons Com