Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis-Baby's Beginning

My experiences of concieving our first child using preimplantation genetic diagnosis

Thursday, November 08, 2007

PGD here we come!


We can do it! We can do it! Dana said that Baylor DID still have my CVS test sample, so we will be able to do the PGD!! I'm so relieved! I'm sorry, for those of you who are wondering, I forgot to ask whether we would have been able to do it for sure or not without that sample, but I'll ask her on my first official consult next week. So, I think it's really going to happen! She scheduled me for our first official hour-long phone consult on Tuesday next week. Then she transferred me to Dr. Ilan Tur-Kaspa's office to schedule my first official IVF phone consult with him for Wednesday next week. The doctor's office will be sending me a bunch of forms to fill out that I have to fax back before the appointment. The consultation costs $200-something (I was so excited I forgot to write down the exact amount), but that will be subtracted from my PGD fee when we do the PGD. It's non-refundable though if we do the consult and then decided not to do the PGD.

Yipee! :) Also, the countdown has begun. I've started my first cycle now since my miscarriage, and we're waiting four full cycles before doing the PGD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Traffic Statistics
ShoeBuy Coupons Com