Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis-Baby's Beginning

My experiences of concieving our first child using preimplantation genetic diagnosis

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Local spots

Our genetic counselor finally got back to us and gave us info about 2 local places in our Seattle area that do PGD procedures. She highly recommended Overlake Reproductive Health, saying that they are the ones that do the most PGD procedures around here. She also said Seattle Reproductive Medicine is good, and that I could check there, too.

I checked out both online. Overlake just has one doctor doing his thing. Seattle Reproductive Medicine is a bigger institution, but they don't really specialize in PGD's. I might talk to Seattle Reproductive Medicine just to get information, but I'm pretty sure now that that one in Chicago, the Reproductive Genetics Institute, looks like the one to go with.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi i m looking for gender selection methods,for my next baby,i learned about the dr.jonas method,which he says of 97%accuracy
,can you give me some guidelines regarding that or i must go for pgd,but i m looking the sideways as this pgd is too much coastly..........

Friday, September 28, 2007 4:09:00 a.m.  
Blogger PGDMom said...

Hi Mamta,

I know of two ways to do gender selection - one way is to do sperm sorting, where they sort the sperm into male and female. I'm not sure if it's possible then to inject the sperm into the uterus or if they always do an IVF then. The second method is do to a PGD.

I believe that using the sperm sorting is easier and cheaper, however I'm not certain. I haven't researched this extensively so it's possible there may be other methods, but these are the two I'm aware of.

I would check with your local fertility clinic and google online about the sperm sorting. That would probably be your best option.

Good luck!

Sunday, October 21, 2007 11:56:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Traffic Statistics
ShoeBuy Coupons Com