Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis-Baby's Beginning

My experiences of concieving our first child using preimplantation genetic diagnosis

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Another spot

I recieved a reply to my email to the Incontinentia Pigmenti International Foundation (ipif@ipif.org) asking for doctors/institutes info that do the PGD procedure. They recommended the Genesis Genetics Institute in Detroit. It looks like the institute is the process of launching a new website, so there's not much for me to check out now, without actually calling them. Maybe I'm silly, but I tend not to like companies without good websites... After thoroughly exploring the Reproductive Genetics Institute website last week and being pretty impressed, a "new website launch in progress" message kind of hits me the wrong way. But they are the recommended institute of the Incontinentia Pigmenti International Foundation, so maybe I should try to not be so internet-bound.

I replied to the Foundation, asking if they are also familiar with the Reproductive Genetics Institute, and what their opinion of it is. It sure looks a lot better to me...I also can't help thinking...Detroit? Yikes! I'd be worried about them stealing my eggs and organs there! It's not exactly famous for its safety and upstanding citizens. But anyways...

The director of the Incontinentia Pigmenti International Foundation, who replied to my email, also told me that she has a very informative newsletter that explains many different options for concieving a child, including PGD, and that she'll send it to me snail mail. I'm not sure what other options there could be besides what we've already explored, but, hey, that's probably what the newsletter's for, right? It's always nice to get more information, in any case.

1 Comments:

Blogger luolin said...

Hi. I just found your blog through wikipedia. We are doing pgd with gen. gen. If you have any questions about our experience with them, feel free to email me. luolin88 at yahoo dot com

Thursday, September 07, 2006 4:42:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Traffic Statistics
ShoeBuy Coupons Com